Monday 28 March 2011

Stage 4 – the fly in my ointment!


My teaching is going well and I’m getting lots of positive feedback from the kids, other teachers and some parents.  Brilliant – I’ve spent my career working on ways to excite kids about their learning and improving their chances of success at all levels.  The relationships I’ve worked hard to develop with kids are bearing fruit, my reputation as a good teacher has been recognised and I’m being asked to talk to teachers in other schools about the successes we’re achieving.  Things are really beginning to come together and the reputation of the school is having a positive effect on the kids.  I’m really proud of them and many of the staff I work with. 

The only fly in my ointment is – you’ve guessed it – Michael!  Despite my efforts to work with him, he continues to be difficult and refuses to cooperate.  Philip has even commented that I’ve “… bent over backwards to accommodate him.”  Philip tells me he is still seeking advice as to what to do about Michael and I’ve repeated again that I will do whatever I can to work with Philip to improve things.

Lessons learned/What I could have done differently

  • Not at all sure if I could be doing anything differently.  Philip tells me I am doing all I can - is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment